Copyright © 2011 - 2017 Odessa 2, LLC, d/b/a Pistorius Collectible Autos.
All Rights Reserved.
1929 Peerless Victoria Opera Coupe
Lake Mirror Classic Concours D'Elegance
Best in Class October 2016
Model 81, Car #177. 6 cylinder Continental Engine. 66 horsepower, 248 cubic inch.
Peerless Lockheed Hydraulic Four-Wheel Brakes, Artillery Wheels, all original to car!
New paint, new chrome, new tires, new blinds, upholstery in excellent condition, runs beautifully. Ready to show and tour. A very rare car, you won't see another one like it at any show or in any museum!
Click on the button below to see a short video on the restoration of our 1929 Peerless. Special thanks to our super talented son-in-law, Griffin Partilla, who created this fantastic video. And to the star of the show, our grand-daughter Lorelei, cheers to the next generation who love great historic cars!
Featured on the nationally syndicated TV show "Daytime" with our 1930 Packard
A few of the cars currently under restoration
Collectible Cars For Sale
call Brando 813-917-9205
Did you know...
Peerless outsold Packard in 1920!
They were one of the most expensive luxury cars of the era. The top three in price and status where called the three P’s:
Packard, Pierce Arrow and Peerless.
Peerless Motor Cars (Cleveland, Ohio 1900-1931) was the first company to adopt what would become the standard of automobile design, a front mounted engine driving the rear wheels through a solid drive shaft.
Barney Oldfield shattered world speed records with the Peerless “Green Dragon”
Many collectors believe the Peerless motorcars to be some of the finest automobiles built in the USA in the 1920’s renowned for their high performance and stylish luxury. However, Peerless is the rarest and hardest to find of the “three P’s” as it ceased production in 1932.
In 1933, ownership and management of Peerless organized the Carling Brewing Co. USA, just after Congress repealed Prohibition, and began production of the famous Carling Black Label Beer in the old Peerless factory.
Other Peerless “Firsts”
- Peerless was the first company to successfully use a flyball governor to maintain speeds.
- They set a 1,000-mile endurance record and the fastest time ever in the Mt. Washington hill climb in New Hampshire.
- Peerless was the first to use of aluminum in their side-entrance tonneau along with being the first closed formal body in American production.
- Peerless was one of the first companies to use electric lighting. They used a Gray & Davis system as early as 1910 and then upgrading in 1913 to a single voltage Gray & Davis system which now included an electric starter.
$175,000 obo call Brando 813-917-9205
1933 Rolls Royce
Restoration Completed November 2016. 4 door Saloon. Body by Crosbie & Dunn
40/50 hp, 7.7 L, 467.9 cubic inch, 4 speed, 2 carburetors (1 start and 1 primary), one main exhaust and one hot spot exhaust running through primary carburetor. Runs on mag and/or distributor.
A Classic Car Club of America Full Classic. Drivetrain: The Phantom II has a pushrod-OHV straight-6 engine with a crossflow cylinder head. The engine is bolted directly to the 4-speed manual transmission. Synchromesh on gears 3 and 4 in 1932 and on gear 2 in 1935. Power is transmitted to the rear wheels using an open driveshaft, a hypoid bevel final drive, and Hotchkiss drive.
The chassis of the Phantom II was completely new. The front axle was mounted on semi-elliptical leaf springs as on earlier 40/50 hp models, but the rear axle was now also mounted on semi-elliptical springs instead of cantilever springs. This, along with the drivetrain changes, allowed the frame to be lower than before, improving the handling. The 4-wheel servo-assisted brakes, and the Bijur centralized lubrication system from the Springfield-built Phantom I was included on all Phantom II chassis.
The standard wheelbase of the Phantom II was 150 inches (3,800 mm). A 144 inches (3,700 mm) short-wheelbase chassis was also available. A total of 1,281 Phantom II chassis of all types were built. All Phantom II rolling chassis were built at Rolls-Royce's factory in Derby. The factory in Springfield, Massachusetts was closed upon ending production of the US-market Phantom I in 1931. Two US-market series, AJS and AMS, were built at Derby.
Recently displayed at the 2017 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.